Greg McLawsen is the founding attorney of Puget Sound legal where he represents families in the U.S. immigration system. Greg uses technology and innovative practice management to provide excellent legal services that are effective and affordable. He is actively involved in the leadership of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) and the Solo and Small Practice Section of the Washington State Bar Association. Greg publishes articles and speaks regularly on topics relating to immigration law, ethics and law practice management.
Greg went to law school with the goal of pursuing a career in public service law for nonprofit organizations. He attended law school law at the University of Nebraska, where he received a year of training in immigration law as a law student in the school’s Immigration Clinic at. While in law school, Greg worked as a aw clerk in a legal service nonprofit, representing low-income families in class action lawsuits. After graduating, Greg worked as a research editor for the Immigration Law and Procedure treatise, the leading publication on immigration law in the country. Greg then served for two years as a judicial law clerk for judges in the Superior Court of Washington State, Kitsap County, where he worked as a research attorney for four judges
To view Greg’s complete professional profile, please visit his page on LinkedIn. A list of speaking engagements can be found on his Avvo.com profile here. Select publications are available for download on the Social Science Research Network.
- Washington State
- Ninth Circuit Federal Court of Appeals
- Federal District Court for the Western District of Washington
- Executive Office of Immigration Review (immigration court)
- University of Nebraska, School of Law, JD (top 10%)
- University of Washington, BA with double major in Psychology and Philosophy.
- Annual Pro Bono Award, American Immigration Lawyers Association, Washington Chapter.
- Certificate of Appreciate, American Immigration Lawyers Association, Washington Chapter (for work on Chapter mentorship program).
- Order of the Coif (for academic achievement in law school).
- Pat Giels Memorial Award, University of Nebraska Immigration Clinic (for excellent client service).
- Excelencia en los Premios de futuro, CALI (por obtener el grado superior en Derecho Penal, Ley de Salud Mental, Historia Jurídica Americana, y Seminario Internacional de Derechos Humanos)
Examples of service
- Chair, Washington State Bar Association, Solo and Small Practice Section.
- Tesorero y Secretario, Colegio de Abogados del Estado de Washington
- Miembro, Colegio de Abogados del Estado de Washington – Futuro de la Fuerza de Tarea de la Abogacía
- Secretario, Nebraska Zen Center
- Presidente, Sociedad de Justicia Igualitaria
- Cofundador / Vice presidente, Aliados y Defensores de la Igualdad de Gays, Lesbianas, Bisexuales y Transexuales